Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Writing Your First Information Sheets

Write Information Sheets

For this blog entry for Trainers Methodology Level 1, I will now walk you through when you are required to write your own info sheet.

Information Sheet Format

The Plan Training Session-Competency Based Learning Material (PTS-CBLM) have discussed the preferable format for an Information Sheet.  The prescribed format was the one that I used for all my Competency Based Learning Materials.  

For this blog I'm including as an example a copy of my old Competency Based Learning Material (CBLM) in Computer Hardware Servicing NC II (CHS NC II) that you can use as your own reference when writing your first Information Sheet. You can download it here.

Content Explanation

Figure 1. The Introductory Page of My Information Sheet
For this document (figure 1), two rejoinders were available, the first one explains the relationship of this content to the past topics that I had already discussed, while the second rejoinder, explains this topics connection with the other topics that will be taken as the Trainees moves forward in their respective lessons.
 image of CHS Sample CBLM Information Sheet
Figure 2. First Page of CHS Sample CBLM Information Sheet


It has always been my style to write a separate sheet for my introduction, for this allows me to group my contents properly, and gives me more space to write my objectives, rejoinders and introduction. (figure 2)


Figure 3. Main Content Topic


The main content topic (Figure 3), is where I wrote all the needed information that the Trainee needs to learn about the basics of computers.  Worth noting is how the contents were cited and properly referred to as my sources using footnotes.

The included  diagram was something that I made my self thus, no referencing is needed since it is my own work.

Note:

It is worth noting that most of the contents were referred to wikipedia as its source.  To some people, wikipedia can not be trusted as a reliable source due to its characteristic that its contents can be easily changed by anyone who wants to contribute to the topic. Be warned therefore, to ensure the correctness of the contents before using it, this is the same to any contents that can be found over the Internet. Not everything that can be found on the Internet can be considered reliable.
image of CHS CBLM page 4
Figure 4. Page 4 of my content

For this page (Figure 4), what I wanted to focus on are the proper referencing of where the images that I had utilized. Although one can easily notice that it was taken on wikicommons, which is a free source of images that anybody can use, despite of this however, proper attribution is still needed here since these were the requirements of the original owners.

Another thing that I would like to point out is the proper captioning of these images and how these images were referred to in my topic.  We do not simply place images in our contents, but we must also properly utilized it to better present our intended topic to our Trainees.

Worth noting too is the proper formatting of the entire document, which is very important to entice  our trainees to read our contents.

Writing your own information sheet can be a daunting task, specially if we find it hard constructing our own sentences. But do note that we can utilized other peoples work, provided that we do not claim it to be our own, and properly attribute the said work to its rightful owners.

Lastly, When you find it hard to write your own content, search your contents over the Internet and look for written topics under creative commons, and or copyleft, contents written under these two are free provided that proper attribution is given to the original owner. 

In my next blog, I will walk you through the different methods of presenting your methods of training delivery through an Information sheet using the same format. but will refer to something that the trainee needs to do, may it be, viewing presentations, watching videos, or reading a topic in a book.

I hope this blog helped. Should you have questions, feel free to comment bellow.

Cheers!

Related Topics:
  1. Competency Based Learning Materials
  2. Different Ways of Writing Your Information Sheets

No comments:

Post a Comment